What you can expect at a Magnusson Estate Sale
What You Can Expect
- Professional staging utilizing tables, tablecloths, lights, easels, shelves, locked cases.
- Pricing by professional, certified appraisers & specialists.
- Friendly, well trained and informed team members on-site to make the shopping experience as enjoyable as possible, recognizable by their uniforms, aprons and name tags.
- Personal shoppers to streamline the shopping experience: starting a receipt, marking sold items with names and cell phone numbers, and bringing objects to the hold area for safe keeping until it is time to check out.
- A dedicated holding, check-out and packing area.
- Acceptance of credit cards for purchases over $100.00 with back-up information including driver’s license numbers, addresses and phone numbers. (Lesser amounts may be subject to a fee).
- Parking management with signs and staff, when appropriate.
- Inaccessible areas boldly identified with professional signage and rope/caution tape. No use of rest rooms.
Before the Sale
- No prior previews, pricing or sales.
- An off-site office number available before or after the sale days: 973-425-1550.
- The day before the sale begins, sign up for an entry number using our Electronic Entry Number Form. Entry numbers are for the first day of the sale only.
Electronic Entry Number Form
Sign up to receive an entry number for our upcoming estate sales. Your entry number designates the order in which you can enter on the first day of the sale (typically this is a Friday at 9am).
One RSVP ticket per person (not couples). Name on ticket should match person in line on Friday. Photo identification is required.
The list will be LIVE for you to electronically sign up the day before the sale starts at 12pm (typically this is a Thursday). You will not be able to sign up online before then.
After you RSVP, you will receive a confirmation email. The Magnusson team will have a complete copy of all RSVPs on-site. However, you must bring an electronic or paper copy of your confirmation email.
If you do not receive a confirmation email, check your spam folder. If you still do not see it or have trouble using the entry form, call our office at 973-425-1550. We also answer emails and website comments regarding the entry forms, but calling is the fastest way to reach us.
Doors open promptly on time, so remember to be in line before the sale starts. Please build in time for parking & walking to the estate sale location.
During the Sale
- A dedicated on-site phone: 862-777-2173 to inquire or leave messages about the status of items.
- Your large purses or bags will be replaced with a clear bag to carry your personals within the sale home. Empty open-top shopping bags are welcome.
- Hold=Sold. If you’ve placed items on the hold table or have had items marked sold, you are expected to purchase them. Preventing others from purchasing is most unwelcome.
- The price on your receipt is the price to be paid for your items at checkout. Negotiations are prohibited at this point.
- We accept bids on items over $100. Your bid is a binding offer to purchase and to remove before the end of the sale. Please do not bid if you do not intend to execute. Those that do not execute their offers are added to our “Pay No Mind” list for future sales.
- Please recycle your bags, boxes & paper from the last sale.
- Finally… All sales are final; no refunds, returns or exchanges.
Picking Up Your Items From The Sale
You’ll find us helpful and accommodating, but Magnusson Team Members are unable to assist outside of the home. Porters will get your large items out the door. It is our responsibility to protect our client’s property as well as sell its contents. You are responsible for getting product into your vehicle or to your house down the street.
We are happy to provide you with a list of moving companies to transport your purchases.